Saturday, March 26, 2011

Grilled Cajun Catfish

This takes less than 10 minutes to make.

Recently I went to the store to buy frozen catfish fillets so that I could make Cajun catfish, and I could not find them.  The person at the fish counter told me that there are not a lot of catfish this year, so fresh and frozen catfish cost the same for them to buy.  Therefore, this grocery store chose to only carry fresh.  It was very affordable.  I bought pre-marinated Cajun catfish that they had packaged that morning from HEB.  The fillets were huge, and each fillet really made 2 servings.  There were 2 fillets in the package, so it could feed four. 

I grew up in a small town in southeast Texas, which is about 45 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico as well as from the Louisiana border, so I am picky about my Cajun catfish.  The HEB marinated Cajun catfish passed the test.

Ingredients:
*HEB marinated fresh Cajun catfish fillets from the fish counter
*cooking spray

Directions:
Heat a grill pan over medium heat.  Once hot, spray the pan with cooking spray.  Place the fish on the grill.  Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.