Saturday, March 26, 2011

BBQ Sausage Links

I grew up eating this.  This is my mom's recipe.

Ingredients:
*1 pkg. skinless smoked sausage links (turkey or beef)
*1 bottle KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce (this is a sweet, dark BBQ sauce)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.  Slice links lengthwise and then into about 3-inch chunks.  Pour some BBQ sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.  Spread with a spoon.  Place links in the baking dish.  Pour remaining BBQ sauce on top.  Spread with a spoon.

Cover with foil.  Bake 30 minutes.  Remove foil.  Baste sausages.  Bake 10 more minutes uncovered.

Let sit for 5 minutes before serving so sauce will thicken.

*Note:  Toast wheat bread, spray slices with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, and place links with BBQ sauce on the toasted bread to make a BBQ sausage sandwich.

*Note:  My mom slices the sausage links after they are done baking, but I slice them before.  You can do it either way.