Thursday, January 27, 2011

Roasted Veggies

California blend version: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots
French cut green beans and carrot
This is a staple in our house.  I usually make this dish with the frozen California blend vegetables, but I also have made it with just broccoli, just crinkle carrots, just cauliflower, or just green beans. I also saute zucchini & squash in a skillet.

Ingredients:
*2 one-pound bags frozen California blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, crinkle carrots)
*olive oil
*1 packet Lipton Garlic and Savory Herb soup mix (I can only find this at Kroger, so when I go, I stock up.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.  Put each bag of frozen vegetables in its own large zip lock bag.  Sprinkle with just a couple tablespoons of olive oil.  Close the bags tightly, and shake to coat all the vegetables.  Add more olive oil as needed.  Divide the packet of soup mix equally between the bags, and pour it in.  (Each box comes with 2 packets.  Only use 1.  Save the other for another time.)  Close the bags tightly and shake to coat.  Place in a large baking dish.  Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, stirring several times.  I stir at the 30 minute mark, the 50 minute mark, and the 60 minute mark.  When you remove from the oven to serve, stir one more time.