Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos

I got this recipe from my best friend, Stef G., but I changed the type of tomatoes that I used.  I served this with homemade queso, tortilla chips, and HEB brand fresh salsa.

Servings: 8-10

Ingredients:
*1 package HEB brand boneless skinless seasoned fajita chicken (There are 2 sizes available.  I use the smaller size.)
*1 can HEB brand diced tomatoes Mexican style (with juices--do NOT drain)
*fresh wheat tortillas (I get the ones baked daily from the HEB bakery)
*shredded Mexican blend cheese
*diced grape tomatoes
*shredded lettuce

Directions:
Remove the chicken from the packaging and place in a crock pot.  Pour the can of tomatoes on top.  Cover, and cook on low for 6-7 hours until the chicken is completely cooked through.  Shred the chicken using two forks.   Leave the lid off the crock pot for about 30 minutes while it continues to cook on low to cook off some excess liquid.  Serve on a wheat tortilla with diced tomatoes, lettuce, and the shredded cheese.

2 comments: