Thursday, January 27, 2011

Allegro Pork Chops

I had Allegro for the first time at my Aunt Kathy's house when she served fajitas over Thanksgiving weekend.  I thought they were the best fajitas I have ever had.  Her daughter, my cousin Kristen, told me that I could cook pork chops that way as well.  She and I came up with this recipe together one weekend when she was visiting.

Servings: 4-6

Ingredients:
*4-6 boneless pork chops
*Chop seasoning
*Allegro marinade
*2 yellow onion, sliced into strings

Directions:
Two hours before cooking, sprinkle both sides of all pork chops liberally with seasoning.  Place in a tightly closed zip lock bag, and let sit in the refrigerator for two hours marinating.  Place sliced onions in a seperate zip lock bag.  Pour about 2 Tablespoons Allegro seasoning into the bag.  Let all the air out of the bag, close the bag, and shake so that all the onions are covered in the Allegro liquid marinade.  Let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Two hours later, preheat the oven to 350 F.  Heat an oven safe skillet on high.  Once hot, pour the onions with the marinade into the pan.  Saute until tender, stirring frequently--several minutes.  Push the onions to the sides of the skillet, and pour about 2 more Tablespoons of Allegro into the skillet.  Add the pork chops, browning them on each side about 1 minute on high.

Cover the pork chops with the onions.  Place an oven-safe lid on the skillet.  Bake on 350 F for 20 minutes.