Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Zesty Italian Chicken

I had this dish at my friend Sara's house in February.  She printed out the recipe for me, but somehow I have never been able to remember where I put it.  This was my attempt to re-create it.

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
*6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
*1 bottle Italian salad dressing, divided
*1 gallon size zip lock bag
*6 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (1 Tbs. per chicken breast)

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in the zip lock bag.  Pour salad dressing into the bag, reserving 1/2 cup.  I just eyeball this.  Put the remaining 1/2 cup salad dressing back in the refrigerator for later.  Tightly close the zip lock bag, removing the air.  Move the chicken pieces around with your fingers on the outside of the bag, making sure that all the pieces are covered in the salad dressing.  Place in the refrigerator.  Marinate 3 hours up to overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using a fork, remove chicken pieces and place in a glass baking dish.  Discard marinade.  Pull out the reserved 1/2 cup salad dressing from the refrigerator.  Pour over chicken.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, uncovered.  Remove from oven and top each chicken piece with Parmesan cheese (1 Tbs. on top of each piece).  Put back in the oven, and bake for 10 more minutes.